Health Tips - Brain Games


Keeping Your Brains Sharp Through Brain Games

We always wanted a healthy and sharp brain, but our brain is just like any muscle in our body. It needs sustenance and exercise to keep it in top shape. We might be doing our best to keep our body fit by going to the gym three times a week or taking the needed vitamins. However, our mind also needs exercise but what activities are really effective and aimed specifically to our brains?

 According to neurologists, we can exercise our minds 15 minutes a day through brain games and this can provide promising results in the long run. However, there are several organizations and companies that offer online access to brain games for a fee of course. You can avail of their services through the Internet or you might want to use free inexpensive tools that are already available in your house. Also, there are a few sites on the Internet that offer their games for free.


Here are some brain games that are proven to be effective in stimulating your brain; they are also readily available in your home or in your computer:

1.       Crossword Puzzles from newspapers – This is the most common type of brain exercise you can easily access in your house. Even your old newspaper has crossword puzzles in it. Studies show that solving crossword puzzles can reduce senility and boost the power of your memory.

2.       Chess – Although, it would take more than 15 minutes to finish a single chess match. The game itself can help you improve your logic and planning – making it the most beneficial strategy board game of all time.

3.       Minesweeper – You can find this game already integrated in your PC, especially if you’re using Windows as your operating system. The main concept of the game is to find the blank fields while avoiding the mines. This game also improves your memory and attention to detail, as you will repetitively memorize the blank fields.

4.       Tetris – A good visual puzzle game that stimulate your brain and increase your problem solving capabilities. This game is still one of the most popular puzzle games on the Internet; you even play it on social networking sites like FaceBook.

5.     Chinese Checkers – This particular game improves your strategic thinking and increases your analytical ability. It is much better to play this game on an actual board rather than those available on the Internet – especially with a human opponent.

 
There are hundred more games for your brain, but these games may already be in your house and they are free as well as effective in exercising your mind.

14 comments:

  1. Kaya pala healthy ang brains ko. I love kasi playing chess kahit walang tulugan..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too sir papaleng, chess is one of my favorite games.

      Delete
  2. Very nice information. And the video was very helpful, too. I am actually afraid of losing memory, now that I know that I'm at such high risk because of my dependence on computers and personal organizers.

    I've gone through 4 years of law school without memorizing much because I am so bad with it. I really need some brain exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play mind games when I have time. Dapat pala 15 minutes a day? Thanks for this info, alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do some of the above regularly not only to sharpen the aging brain/mind but only because I actually enjoy doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to know, i play most of these games but try not be addicted to them, i just discipline myself :) well yes, 15 minutes is enough

    ReplyDelete
  6. now i really need to exercise my brain more... starting to feel a little forgetful.. lol

    thanks for sharing sir alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really true! u forgot to mention the sudoku wwhich is my all time favorite game. and second is the minesweeper. the biggest board is what i always play and would try to beat my time all the time. and as for my kids, i buy them puzzles, blocks, word games, which will help their brain grow. =)

    http://www.myphotomeme.com/2012/09/08/what-am-i/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing, I played all these game...hehehhe and I love to play chess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll post more brain games in my future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi. thanks for sharing such a thought provoking post. would like to know more. Do keep on posting new updates.

    crosswords online

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, now I think I will save some minutes each day to exercise this brain...it's been a long time since I played chess come to think of it hehe, blessed day to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm. I better entertain some of these mind games to give my overworked brain some good exercise. Bakit di kasali ang texttwist dyan, Lex? Yan lang ang paborito kong laro, hahaha!

    BTW, thanks for the condolence message. I sincerely appreciate it.

    P.S

    I thought naka- Name/ URL option na ang comment section mo, Lex? Di parin ata na-activate. Kindly check again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to try every games listed on this post but just like Lainy mas gusto ko ang text twist. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, feedback and suggestions will be very much appreciated... Thanks a lot!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More