Gaming Gadget - PlayStation Vita


Great Expectations for PS Vita 

 

Most avid game fanatics know that Sony Computer Entertainment creates the best gaming devices on the market. One of this is PlayStation Vita, a handheld game console considered to be the eighth generation of its kind. It was released in Japan on December 17, 2011; following its commercial release in North America, Europe, South America and Singapore on February 23, 2012. Its design is slightly different as compared to its predecessor, PlayStation Portable. Also, the Vita can rival most gadgets on the market today, because it has almost the same technology that they use.

Basically, PS Vita has 3G, Wi-fi, and Bluetooth; it features touch screen capabilities for most of its games and a camera that we usually see on e-tablets these days. It also boasts, its social networking applications along with its “Cross-Platfrom” capabilities – where you can play games with other PS3 owners. Nonetheless, gamers cannot be swayed just by these features; they are looking for a distinct gaming experience that is both fresh and groundbreaking. 


We can classify these expectations in the following categories:

  • Games under its belt – So far the Vita has 110 games and that includes popular titles like Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Killzone, Final Fantasy X, Mortal Combat and Need For Speed: Most Wanted. There are games that we really want to try on the Vita like NBA 2k13 or a new franchise of Gran Turismo but they will come in time, we’ll just have to wait for those titles.
PS Vita Games

  •  Graphics – Gamers want to experience the “Eye-Candy Effect,” PS Vita utilize PowerVR SGX543MP graphic processing unit and this can provide visuals that are at par with the original Xbox. Not so bad after all, considering it’s only a handheld gaming console.

  • Controls – Hardcore gamers are very particular when it comes to controls. So far, its  input device comprise of the conventional D-pad, 2 analog sticks, 12 buttons that PS Portable has; but it also integrated new controls that could enhance the gaming experience like touch screen, rear touchpad, six-axis motion sensing and three-axis electronic compass. 
PS Vita Ports
  •   Connectivity – The need for a community; every gamer wants to be part of a group that shares the passion for a particular type of game. PS Vita offers the opportunity for gamers to interact and compete with each other through the PlayStation Network.

Watch the PS Vita in action at 1080p HD courtesy of eyepatchcars.

Overall, PlayStation Vita is still the best platform for handheld gaming and I wouldn’t recommend using Smartphone for hardcore gaming.

32 comments:

  1. Wow! This is cool.

    Oh btw, I don't read my e-books in any e-pads. I just read them in my PC with Adobe Reader. I think its convertible to .mobi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment Maria, actually I'm using calibre to convert my ebooks. You should try it also it's free! :)

      Delete
  2. ang tindi nito Alex, kung baga sa car,, fully loaded. Magkano naman kaya ito?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nung huli po ako nag check sir nasa 14k pero inde pa converted un, kung baga di pa po pede paganahin ang ahem! alam nyo na... hehe mas magiging mahal pa yan kung converted pero so far no one has converted it yet. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll buy one of these when I get my salary. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy one for Emma, when you get your salary :))

      Delete
  4. I don't really play games but I think my son would be interested in this.


    Your comment at my Obstacles & Glories post will be greatly appreciated..

    PS. Followed your through GFC and added you on G+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi chubskulit :) thanks for you comments... for sure your son will be interested in this gadget. However, it would be very wise to limit his gaming time if you plan to buy him one.

      I already visited your site and commented on one of your post :))

      Delete
  5. Ah, the ever famous PSP :) Every other kid in town owns one of the PSPs and I seem to not get the point. Maybe I'm just getting old ;)

    I do remember the time when Nintendo Game N' Watch was the in thing for kids and adults. Technology has really changed the gaming experience I used to enjoy when I was younger.

    I wonder what feature they will think of next to be added in the latest gaming consoles/gadgets?

    Ria C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria, I also remember my first gadget - the Game N' Watch (Submarine Attack). Anyway, if you still have your vintage Game N' Watch, you can sell them on eBay for like 700 dollars or more. Depending on its condition, you can get some buck out of it, there's a lot of vintage game collectors on the eBay site.

      As for the future, the latest development on gaming consoles are shifting towards portable virtual reality gadgets. If you remember the old total recall movie, those types of gadgets might be available in the near future.

      Delete
  6. now i'd really want to get that 1080p resol... all funpacked features now in a psp.. sony really has got lots of amazing things coming up under its belt...

    cheers. thanks for sharing :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always a pleasure ron :)) psp has now leveled up and brings a lot of features to the table.

      Delete
  7. whew! 14K pala 'to... di kayang pang-regalo sa inaanak hihihi tingin mode na lang muna...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magmumura din po yan ma'am Zenith :) maybe next year it would go down to about 10k na lang po siguro.

      Delete
  8. just this afternoon, i asked my niece who's turning 7 soon what will be the plans for her birthday. she said there was no party plans. Instead her dad promised her a PSP. I said WOW! ang bongga mo namang bata. kids these days are into gadgets. my little kid has her own iPod at age 7 a gift from her dad. while my son has the psp3000. Yes, kids these days :) My oh my!

    http://www.sibuyasrepublic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi rany, thanks for sharing your thoughts :) for sure kids these days are more techy and a lot more expensive to raise :))

      Delete
  9. Wow this is so amazing! But we already ahve the Nintendo but as I am reading all you can do with this gadget I must admit that this one is the best.

    http://www.annebianca.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi anne, that's the reason why I'm saving up for the holidays :) so I can buy one of these shiny things.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a cool gadget Lex but for now I don't encourage anybody in the house to have one because I know how it can be so addicting to kids and adults as well.

    Hubby is currently hooked in the games on his iPhone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rovie, thanks for your comment. Yes, it is very addicting and you must limit yourself to 2 hours game time a day, that is if you plan to buy one :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Lex, I like your sharing widgets right after your post. can I for the codes and how did to install it? Thanks!

      Delete
  11. DI ako techy pero it looks like a very interesting and cool gadget. Makabili nga bukas, hahaha!

    Lex, why not run Google adsense here. Tiba-tiba ka kasi gadget/ techy blog eto.

    BTW, di ba puedeng ma set up ung comment section mo Lex na puede kaming magiwan ng url and our names can be immediately redirected to our blogs when u click on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sa suggestion Lainy :) I'm still adding more contents para mas sure ma approve ng Google adsense. Anyway, I already fixed the comment options... so sa dropdown pwede ng mapili ang Name/URL so makikita na tlaga ung mga links ng mga mag comment.

      Delete
  12. dati pa gustong gusto ko magkaroon ng PSP curious lang kasi parang trending, pero mahal eh so until now hanggang wishes na lang tapos eto level up na pala... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. opo ma'am Florence, nag level up na po tlaga... mas maganda na ang features nito. :)

      Delete
  13. I had one of these , great to explore this post , Thanks for sharing this info.

    TC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You're very fortunate to have one... thanks for visiting/commenting on my post :)

      Delete
  14. Great and informative post. I am following your blog. I am expecting new post in your blog very soon:

    Try seeing my blog at www.monutamang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Monu for dropping by :) I will do my best to provide you and my followers/friends the best info on my niche for my next post. Anyway, I already visited your blog.. pretty neat stuffs there also :)

      Delete
  15. very informative, my boy will love your site. visiting from alexa blog hop activity by FBF. see you around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, feedback and suggestions will be very much appreciated... Thanks a lot!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More