Online Games - Guildwars 2


GuildWars 2 and Asian Online Gamers

Guildwars 2 is now on its commercial release and set to conquer the online gaming market. It took almost 3 years since it was announced on August of 2009. Since then the hype is overwhelming until it was finally released on August 28, 2012. Thousands of online gamers all over the world are flocking to try this game out. However, some gamers from Asia may not be that eager to play this game.  Why is that?

Most MMO-RPG games that were released in Asian countries came from South Korea, and most of them focus more on two aspects of the game. One of this is PVP (player versus player) and the other is gears. So, for a player to really be competitive on the PVP arena, it would take a huge amount of time to level their “Toons” and more grinding to get the much needed gears for their characters.

As we all know, this would mean a significant amount of grinding before you can compete with other top players. In reality, that’s the distinction between Asian and Western MMO games. Guildwars 2 was created by ArenaNet, a gaming company based on the US. 
The Charr
They produced a balance game that is more attuned to cooperative gameplay. Thus, offer some brand new features like dynamic events and team based/skill based PVP.  Eliminating the over reliance to gears and character level. However, for all these good features including the single payment - play forever scheme that was first introduced by Arenanet.

Elementalist
 It would take some time to really convince the large portion of Asian players to change heart and move to Guildwars 2. In fact, it would take lots of advertisement, demonstration and gaming conventions to really catch the attention of Asian gamers who are accustomed to playing free-to-play games with micro transaction schemes. 

But I am certain that for the next few years, Guildwars 2 will be a common game on Internet cafes all over Asia. 



15 comments:

  1. how about the reviews of upcoming game of Company of Heroes II

    ReplyDelete
  2. @wenks I would love to review CoH II, It's one of my favorite RTS of all time... I'll try to get more in-depth info about it in the coming days. All I know is that they focus more on the Red Army and some added units on the German side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there any updates in this game? :o

    this is newly release right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this game was already released on Aug. 28, 2012. The newest update I can tell is you is that it is a cool game and I am playing it now :)

      Delete
  4. i hope you can make a review about the game sir alex... unfortunately due to pc specs... i didn't opp to purchase the game yet... still have to upgrade.. hopefully soon...

    either the game is bad or super cool... i've been waiting for this so i sure will purchase and play it as soon as i get my upgrade.. :)

    cheers :)

    RonSilvoza.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for supporting this post ron :) I will definitely post a review in a few weeks. My toon is still low level for now and I haven't tried PvP yet, though... I have to say it's an awesome game. It's unlike any other online game we've tried before, I suggest you buy the game - the minimum specs is Pentium Core I3/2 GB Ram/ 1 GB| 256 bit Video Card and at least 10 Gig Of HDD space.

      Delete
  5. I'm really not a gamer, but I think my hubby will love this. Thank you for giving me an idea about gaming, Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anong malay ko dito. LOl Sir, I pretty sure, my son knows about this. Adik yun sa games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not really into online games but this one is interesting. I wish i have the luxury of time to try this one...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not into this kind of games, but I bet my brother who does online game, would love to play this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby would definitely want to try these as he loves playing games. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is addicted all this online game...I was happy one of his new year resolutions to sale our PS3,hopefully he can keep his promise to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh! i should try playing this game. i havent played computer games for a long time now since warcraft 1

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, feedback and suggestions will be very much appreciated... Thanks a lot!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More